বৃহস্পতিবার, ২৭ সেপ্টেম্বর, ২০১২

My Latest DIY Adventures

DIY Plant Pot

These unfinished plant pots are a fraction of the price that painted ceramics cost at the home improvement store. The cheap-o in me won when it came time to decide what to do? I knew I had a can of black spray paint at home and a perfectly suitable balcony to paint on. Voila!

The key to spray painting is to spray from far away and come to terms with having to use a billion coats to make it opaque. If you rush it, you?ll end up with drips!

As you can see, I still have to take the plant out of the planter and put it into the pot. I?m saving that for another messy weekend.

DIY Shower Door Caulking

Our shower door caulking was molding to oblivion? I don?t think the guy who initially did this used waterproof caulking. (Gotta love when people cut corners?) I called it in but the wait was too long to have it fixed. Rather than risk him not even fixing it right, I decided to just do it ?myself.

I purchased waterproof caulking, a caulking gun, caulking remover spray, and a scraping tool. I don?t think I spent over $10 and it was relatively easy to fix.

By the way, here?s a time breakdown of how long it takes to caulk:

  • Caulking removal: 3 hours and two blisters
  • Caulking: 5 seconds and regret that you can?t use the cool caulking gun for longer

DIY Ceramic Container Painting

Here?s a craft fail for you, so feel free to laugh at me.

I needed to get all of these one color to match in my bathroom, and I wanted them white. I tried spray painting these first, which would have been fine until I realized I used matte white spray paint instead of glossy.

I went to my local craft store to buy a gloss to put over, but they were out. I shrugged and grabbed a ceramic paint that was somewhere around $1. I also bought a 50 cent brush.

Results? As you can see, the paint was gloopy and the brush left marks. I tried to work with it, but I?m not happy with the outcome. The paint even dripped onto the brown parts on the bottom ? not intentional.

I?ll stick to my spray paint from now on. As for these, they were chipping anyway.

Screw this DIY. I?m on the hunt for some new bathroom accessories.

Source: http://one-parade.com/latest-diy-adventures/

London 2012 Slalom Canoe Alex Morgan Misty May Treanor Lolo Jones Aly Raisman Marvin Hamlisch Megan Rossee

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন